Monday, August 17, 2009

Comfort Food


Since Hubby wasn't feeling very good, I decided to make him something that my sisters and I grew up with!



HAMBURGER PIE!


You all probably have your own family version of this, but my Mom makes it the best way!

First of all, fry up the hamburger with some onion and garlic salt. Boil and mash the potatoes and be sure to add butter and a bit of sour cream and some milk.

Mom uses canned green beans and canned corn, but since I got freshies at the market, I cut fresh corn off the cob and cut up fresh green beans too...

Add a can of tomato soup to the beef and boil the green beans for 5 mins then add veggies to the beef.

Then add the beef & veggies to the cake pan and then cover with the mashies.

Then it's time to pop it in the oven! I am cooking with propane, so temp and times vary... You are only heating it up throughout, everything is already cooked, so I did 25 mins at 350. You will start to see the tomato soup absorb into the mashies, thats when I pull it out and add shredded cheddar cheese and keep it in until it is melted and a bit crusty! Be sure to have a cold glass of milk ready and soft white bread and butter! Load up the buttered bread with Hamburger Pie and fold in half!

Boy, does this meal take me back!

Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment