Friday, August 21, 2009

Alaskan Halibut


I have made a delicious meal 4 days in a row!! I am really very proud of myself. Having lived a single life for so long, my cooking skills were very bad. I love preparing the menu for the week and getting the groceries for it. I can select the perfect item for each dinner and add my own twist to things, which is what I do best!

Earlier this week, we talked about having fresh fish sometime this week and
when I went shopping, nothing looked tasty enough to buy so I decided to not get anything yet. Then that evening, our neighbor returned from his very successful fishing trip from Alaska and brought over salmon and halibut! I giggled when I thought back to my fish dilemma at the store and was excited at the possibilities for the meal this week!

Since we I didn't get enough of the fish and chips in Kauai, I decided to try my own!

I decided to use up the rest of the veggies from the week and mix it in with the heavily season "chips". I baked them for an hour and they were perfect!


The thought of me frying the fish in extremely hot oil made Hubby a bit nervous. I told him not to worry because I clearly remembered Papa burning a hole in the kitchen floor as a kid and that I for sure realized how hot it was!

Then BANG!! The big mixing spoon slipped out of my hand and clanked around in the oil pan! Hubby jumped up and looked at me funny! I just laughed!

Frying the chunks were not at all as hard as I had expected. It only took about 5 mins for them to cook!


Hubby gave it 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment