Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mom makes it look SEW easy!



I think I have made my mom "sew" happy since I started sewing! I have grown up watching her sew and have always had a yearning to do it, but it seemed like every time I tried, the machine gummed up on me and I never took the time to learn how to rethread it!

I decided since I am going to hopefully be a mother soon, that it was time to do as my mother does. Sew things! Cool things! Useful things!

The most useful thing I could think of was a baby blanket! I am hoping to be able to use them VERY soon, but until that day comes I will spend my time practicing!

Here is what I made today!



My first attempt at sewing worked out fine until I went to turn it right-side out! I realized I had sewn the wrong sides together!
REDO!
I put the blanket thru the machine again after I thought I fixed it only to find out, AGAIN, when I went to turn it right-side out, it was still wrong!

Finally, I got it right!


Finished it! The right way!
Now to sew some more!
~K~

2 comments:

  1. Had to laugh!!!! Sew sorry!
    I'm flattered you choose to walk in my footsteps.
    Love you always and forever,
    Mom
    P.S. Right sides together batting on top....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! I will never forget!

    ~K~

    ReplyDelete